Vibrations of the image in the viewfinder caused by hand movement are reduced, and at that same time, the irradiated laser is also aligned. You can acquire a small subject such as a flagstick faster, and direct the laser onto the target more easily. This is achieved by Nikon’s original technologies that are a fusion of vibration reduction and high-performance measurement function.
LOCKED ON TECHNOLOGY
Picture the scene of an approach shot to a green with trees in the background, where you are not sure whether the measured distance is to the flagstick or to the trees behind it. The LOCKED ON Technology displays the distance to the closest subject, the flagstick. At the same time, the LOCKED ON sign () in the viewfinder is lit to inform you. It is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
- Measurement range: 7.5-1,090m/8-1,200 yd.
- STABILIZED function is employed for facilitating measurement to a distant flagstick while reducing the vibration caused by hand movement.
The effect of Vibration Reduction: Vibrations of the image in the viewfinder caused by hand movement (sinusoidal waves) are reduced to approx. 1/5 or less*1.
- *1Based on Nikon's measurement standards.
- Red internal OLED display enables easier viewing in any situation. Automatic brightness adjustment function finetunes the display brightness according to the surrounding ambient light level.
- Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance — HYPER READ is much evolved and displays the measurement result in approx. 0.3 second
- Green-lit LOCKED ON Technology*2: LOCKED ON sign is lit in green and informs you of the distance to the closest subject.
When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a LOCKED ON sign in the viewfinder. For example, on a golf course, it is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
- *2Single measurements: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
Continuous measurement: When displayed figures shift to a closer subject, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
- Golf mode displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± Height) which is a guide to how far you should hit the ball and useful when golfing on an uphill/downhill course — ID (incline/decline) Technology
- Actual Distance Indicator is employed to indicate that the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) is not being utilised.
When using actual distance mode, the indicator blinks in green while power is on. Non-use of the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) can be confirmed by observers easily. The Actual Distance Indicator can also be switched off.
- First Target Priority mode is employed. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed — useful when golfing for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background.
- Distance measurement display step: 0.5m/yd.
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm)
- Wide field of view (7.5 degrees)
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Dioptre adjustment function
- Compact body design for comfortable holding
- Waterproof and fogproof
- Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C/14°F to 122°F
Display mode cycle